Monday, March 17, 2008

God Loves Emily

Tonight my Emily came running in the house, excitedly calling me..."Mama, mama, come see! It's a miracle, it's a miracle! Get your camera! Oh, Mama, you just won't believe it!"

I grabbed my camera and followed her outside, asking "What? What is it????"

"Look at the sky Mama! See how much God loves me?"

I looked up and saw big puffy clouds swirling and blowing over-head, pre-thunderstorm-ish....

"Mama, remember last year at the ladies conference? Remember we all picked something to remind us of how much God loves us? Remember, Mommy, how I picked the wind? Every time I see the wind blow, it is God reminding me of how much He loves me! Remember that Mama?"

Then she stretched out her arms and closed her eyes and let the wind blow over her as she said "Oh look Mama! God loves me so much He is blowing the whole sky around! Not just the trees and the grass -- but the WHOLE SKY! Mama, it's the hand of God!!!"

Then I snapped this picture, gave her a big hug and told her that she was right, God sure does love her ALOT!

Then I walked inside with tears of joy in my eyes and gratitude in my heart for the wonderful God we have, who takes the time to swirl the wind around just to remind a little girl of how very much He loves her!

That picture is worth a thousand words to me. I printed it out and put it on my desk as a reminder of the goodness of God, and of the special faith of a child, who freely opens up her heart, shuts her eyes tightly and just lets the love of God blow over her. Daily, I need to be reminded to do the same!

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

that is truly beautiful!

Blessings,
Lea