Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moving Time...Again

Well friends, I have been informed via email today that I have committed copyright infringement in the naming of my blog. I sincerely regret the error. My blog was intended to just be a simple little place to stay connected with friends and family...I'm not selling anything or promoting anything...but apparently the fact that my heart is at home is an infringement on someone's rights to the word heart, the word at, and the word home....and I have been told to stop using those words immediately. So consider it done. Those of you who know me, especially "professional" people like Karla, know how careful I am about things like this. Being a musician, I am continually writing and verifying copyrights, asking permissions, etc....And it's not something I take lightly...in the commercial realm. It has been my experience that titles are not copyright-able....but perhaps that only pertains to music. Therefore, I err on the side of caution and cease and desist this blog at once.

So the ol' blog will be re-named and moved once again...maybe. I just don't have the energy to move everything again and I can't just re-name this blog because the web address implies those three little words and the last thing I need right now is to be sued by someone. So if I continue the hobby of blogging, I'll have to start all over again somewhere else. I won't have the time to do all of that for a while, so for now I'll just say see ya...and I hope that the friends I have made here will continue to keep in touch. It's been fun.

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

That just takes the cake! And I wish Blogger could somehow recognize a name - I guess that's asking a bit much. Pls email with your new blog when you get time to set one up.
Mercy!!!

~*Marie*~ said...

That is just stupid....how can someone copyright words??? If so, can I copyright all the words in the dictionary???? I don't think you should have to move your blog....maybe you can just retitle the blog since the web address isn't exactly those words???? I don't want to see you go, I love to read your blog, it is on my favorites, my bloglines, and on my blog itself.... just ridiculous!!!!!